Sweet Serendipity
Yes! I finally sat down and set up a blog! I have been wanting to start one for awhile but I just never got around to doing it. Today tho, while reading a friend's latest post, I finally pushed myself to click the [SIGN IN] button. I sat at my computer for about half an hour thinking of a url address and blog title that I would be happy with. I wanted it to be... amazing! :) But nothing came to mind. I had iTunes playing in the background and the song Sweet Serendipity came on by Lee Dewyze. I LOVE THAT SONG!! so I typed it in as the blog title. I liked it. Actually, I absolutely loved it! Now the url address... That was more difficult. It had to be unique. Something that no one had thought of yet. I tried just abbigail.blogspot but that was taken. Next (just for kicks) I put in my childhood nickname abberdoober. That one was taken too! I laughed out loud at the thought that someone out there had abberdoober as their blog address. And then "abbified" came to mind. I had used that term awhile ago to describe how my very plain jeep was going to get a makeover... I was going to "Abbi-fy it!" All it needed was a few personal touches. So I pushed [Save] crossing my fingers that I would still like my decisions later on down the road. Anyways... I love the movie Serendipity! Here are some of the best quotes ever from the movie:
-When Sara explains to Jonathon why Serendipity is one of her favorite words (and I'd have to agree with her) "It's such a nice sounding word for what it means: a fortunate accident."
-You know the Greeks didn't write obituaries. They only asked one question after a man died: "Did he have passion ?".
-If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.
-When love feels like magic, it's called Destiny. When destiny has a sense of humor, It's called Serendipity
-Thats what happens when people get involved with all that New Age crap... they spend the rest of their lives sitting at home burning candles for Mr.Right, when Mr. Good-Enough-For-Right-Now is sitting at the local bar.
-"How do i look ?" "Like a jackass"
No comments:
Post a Comment