Fact: I HAVE A LOT OF JUNK!
When I went to college and out to job-sites I did a good job of sorting through my stuff and getting rid of the things I didn't need... or better yet I avoided collecting those items in the first place. But now... I've been in Wasilla for a few years and I haven't really organized anything and things have piled up! This week I've devoted my time to going through all my storage bins, all my dressers and drawers, and anything else I have stuffed junk into. So far I have sent 5 big black bags to the dump and set aside a few boxes of stuff for a garage sale. Everything else was pretty much stored into bins and labeled for when I get my own place. I only left out things I use pretty much daily. Between now and the time I leave for school, free time will be harder to find to organize all my junk so it's best I have the head start now. Also, my parents are thinking about putting the house on the market next year. Having my stuff out of the way with make things a little more easy-peasy for them.
Out with the old & In with the new :]
I was searching on the internet trying to find some neat tricks or motivation techniques to help me get started on spring cleaning when I stumbled across this site called LifeHack. AMAZING site! I read articles upon articles of great ways to clean up and organize your life. But, in a lot of articles, it kept referring to this "GTD"system. I had no idea what they were talking about. Soooo I looked it up and found out this guy, David Allen, created this system to help people "Get Things Done". I watched a video on youtube of Mr Allen presenting the system to the people at Google and was inspired! I got really excited about this system and ended up buying his book... I've only read a couple pages so far... and so far - I AM LOVING IT!! I would love to challenge you all to watch the video too. Warning: it is about 45 min long but, if you can afford the time, it is a great way to learn something new today! Also - I'd suggest having some paper to take notes! By the way, another GREAT book to read is Leadership and Self Deception (getting out of the box). Just incase you were interested :)
my helper seems to be napping on the job. darn useless mutt!
BACK TO WORK!
No comments:
Post a Comment