It's been awhile since my last blog. And a lot of magical things have happened since then!
Earlier this spring I moved to Anchorage for a new start. That wish was granted! I have gotten to know a new side of myself. Though my life is hella crazy and busy, I love it! I love working at REI! I am eager to get there everyday I work. I love playing with the gadgets and talking to the people that come in. I love the stories they share with me and their experiences with not only the Alaskan wilderness, but with areas all around the world! I'm coming up on my 6 month mark of working at REI and a performance review. If all goes well, I will be receiving a raise shortly! I love getting more money :)
I love my Singles Ward! There are always fun things going on. Tonight, for instance, we are having a Guy Fawkes Night bonfire. It's gonna be amazing! We do movie nights, game night, park nights, hike nights, potlucks, crafts, and well pretty much any thing we can come up with nights. We fit into whoever's small house and just have a blast! I was slow at getting to know people at first, but I really branched out at the YSA conference in July. In fact, there was a guy there that kinda caught my attention. After the conference I asked my friend who was having regular parties at her house to extend invites to this guy specifically. He came, and I was so happy he came. My interest grew for this cute, charming and amazing guy, and he FINALLY asked me out at the end of August. I've now been dating Jon for a little over 2 months.
I love this boy! Things kicked off fast with Jon. He became my best friend so easily; like peanut butter and chocolate, that was just the way it was supposed to be, and soon enough we were inseparable. I reeled in a keeper :)
I love my new house and my new room mate! It's amazing how everything fell together so quickly and perfectly just when we needed it to. Heavenly Father was definitely involved. I am very blessed to have a room mate as amazing as Rebecca. We get along so well! She loves outdoorsy things even more than I do! It's a perfect situation and I am very grateful for these blessings.
My new room mate Rebecca and our new house!

No comments:
Post a Comment