Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Baseball

I'm at 2nd base. I'm waiting for that opportune moment, the sign, when I can finally run to third and then make my home run! I've been dreaming about this moment since I was a little girl. All of my family and friends are here cheering me on.

The game is on! The ball was hit! As it goes flying through the air I dart off towards third base. I could wait here, but, home is not too far away. This could be my game! So I dart off from third base towards home. I'm almost there when... POW! The ball flies like a missile right into my gut.

The wrenching pain curls me up into a fetal position. Tears come streaming down my face and feel like they will never stop. My heart is broken that I made it so far into the game to get taken out by a curve ball to my stomach.

9 games have I now played. My first game I hadn't even made it to first base when I was taken out. With each game I've played I've learned important lessons, and with each game I've gotten a little closer to my goal. This wasn't the first game, however, that I was taken out with a brutal curve ball to the gut.

Why does someone keep throwing these curve balls? It seems like I'll make it thru with out being taken out when the ball come flying thru the air and at the last second it curves right at me. Ok, deep down inside I know I learn something important with each game I've played, but I hate it when these curve balls hit me straight in the gut! Or, do they fly straight and I'm the one that steps into its path? Is it really my fault that I keep getting hurt?

I don't know if I want to play the game again. To start all over. To risk getting hit again with those curve balls. I know how happy I'd be to finally make a home run, but what if it never happens. What if I'm not a good enough player.

But life without the game is lonely and boring. So, maybe, I'll just take a break from playing. I'll take some time to heal my wounds. I'll practice and improve my skills so that one day I will be ready to play the game again. I'll find ways to avoid those curve balls. One day I'll be ready. One day I will make my home run. One day I WILL win the game.

1 comment:

  1. Oh:( Honey, I'm sorry. Believe me, I know how you feel. I've been there, done that and even made some poor decisions. But you're right, we learn from our experiences, and Heavenly Father knows our hearts.

    It may not happen next year or in five years, but a person is being prepared for you, the same way you're being prepared for him:) have faith, be patient, and keep smiling. don't let Satan get you down! I love you, and you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete