This last summer has been such a blast! There have been many dances, 3 camp outs, kayaking in Soldotna and willow, a 4th of July firework festival, Bear Paw Festival, Saturday's Markets downtown, a rock concert (put on my friends of mine) out on the bank of a river, phase 10 competitions, How I Met Your Mother marathons (finished 7 seasons in 2 weeks), star wars marathons, Mario Kart domination, various road trips to random places just because we had free time and nothing to do, midnight showings of the most popular movies, an Alaskan-Man Pageant, scooter rides all over Anchorage, rock climbing (yes I finally did it! i also learned how to play poker! two things crossed off my bucket list), weddings, Thunderbirds Air Show, volunteering to do trail maintenance at Anchorage's parks, bonfires, s'mores, zip-lines, midnight swims, BBQs.... just a whole of awesome things done with amazing friends :) There are still 3 things left of this summer that I want to get done. Blueberry picking up at Hatchers Pass, catch a silver salmon, and go to the Alaska State Fair and get me a cheesecake in a cone :)
This summer started out rough, my room mate Jessi fixed that though. The whole summer kicked off when she dragged me to her car and we went on a road trip to Hope, Alaska. We blasted music, made a fool of ourselves, stopped at a tourist trap pizza joint, and took pictures. I was again addicted to adventure, and as soon as we pulled back into the driveway (and every time we pulled back into the driveway after that) I was already thinking of another adventure to go do. Sometimes we were only home long enough to wash the clothes we needed and make a new music playlist to go again.
Last week we started to receive ski boots at the store. Yellow leaves are starting to fall off the trees. Summer is almost over, but the memories will last forever!
ps- more pictures are posted on my "Who I Am" page.

No comments:
Post a Comment